Tuesday, January 29, 2013

husbandry

Did you walk a thousand miles?
If I could forgive you
if I took you in my arms,
we could learn everything

Absolutely I am in love with you
Absolutely I lose all sense of proportion at your side-
but-
you know when to walk away
to leave me to my treasure chests and towels
give me boots and a push at the traffic light

I will laugh with you, have a blast with you
Our wedding wine will pour over the ground
The cat will climb into the ducts
We will remake everything
build it up more beautiful this time,
anoint the process with tears and wonder

You are the kindest man I've ever met
and that means you know when to walk away
And when to squeeze, when I display bright feathers
eat a pie, make love to you like a wife

I could lay myself down, a bear skin, get fucked

Also your tiger, your monster,
your incomplete soldier, your working woman

I will nurse you, I will succumb to you
I know your spells, your secrets surprise me
I am madly compelled to serve you
and soberly clean the kitchen

This is life, braided together in leather thongs
I offer you everything, more than a blown kiss,
beyond longing. I have for myself, I give even so
to you, give til we are overwarm and deep bed acuddle
Love is too large to encapsulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment