Thursday, January 24, 2013

Childrens' Story

A man's friend living in the bed-crease
for age from age no tenderness remembered

Queen affectless and virtuous, to sleep they went a war-band
strangers, brothers, no love beyond the nightfall

Where is my affable queen, funny damsel, lily pond
while I a creeper in the cabinet, an hour in the bathroom

Two decades talking in the mirror
memorize my face, the mouth, the way to win a way

There's grass in the toilet, the tub is a world
a knight turned from a lover in the wadding of a towel

The mirror today had nothing to say.
No interest in the humming of the usual words.

The thrumming of my tongue against my jagged yellow teeth
The en's and em's fall softly in the hair-infested sink

A lover with his face against the eggshell plaster wall
for nothing said can shiver him, can make his shoulder shake

No comments:

Post a Comment