Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Often

it's how much i think of you

unconsciously
unintentionally
by accident
on purpose

i keep the focus on me

          (i promise you)
i do

it's just how much my thoughts
               (whatever it is i'm thinking)
will turn
to something you said
or the inflection of your voice
or the way it felt to be with you
the last time
the days
after the storm

or a space of silence
or a moment of laughter
or a long ago memory
captured

then fleeting...then something
something that makes me wonder if you're really okay
what you'll say

when i see you

something / something
that turns me around

and it's that thing
that thing that happens
when i think of you

and wonder if you're happy
hope that you are doing what makes you happy
wonder if you know ...
          what it takes

and i say to myself, choose

choose whether you will be happy or sad today

i choose happy

and then it's often...

when and where my mind goes
certain times of the day
or night
or when i'm driving

i think of something you said
in few words

words that i will remember
i listen as i remember

they soothe me
and touch me

and (i promise you)
                                         i am keeping the focus on me

and its just that

honestly

man

i think of you

often

       and

imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment