Monday, July 8, 2013

Bare of Foot

a grassy walk, i watch my step without noticing my feet
in fact, my feet could not be there, if a walk on grass
or otherwise
could happen without visualized feet, my feet, which are not needed
when i watch my step
so ridiculous to lose left foot:
 little toe typer, little mary wiper, little millie middle, little billy widdle, & Great Big Thumping Tom! then right foot:
Great Big Thumping Tom! little billy widdle, little millie middle, little mary wiper, & little toe typer and christ knows how many bones
and ligament bundles and a deck of muscle sheaths and nails, the kelp of the toeshore
and impact, how odd to lose impact, too
because when i watch my step, it never arrives
and even in the gravity-after, even in the gravel disaster,
the judder has yet to shank up my shin.

2 comments:

  1. still having a hard time with typing the poem one
    way and then it appears with different line breaks.
    Forsythia! i swat at thee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "the kelp of the toeshore"

    ReplyDelete