Saturday, February 2, 2013

Goodnight Nobody

Bedtime negotiations with an almost three year old
 thoroughly modern self-actualized listened-to moppet.
Eysha simmers down tapping her jammy-feet on the wall,
 waving her pink horse flashlight about the ceiling
she sings Old McDonald "...she hadda farm,
, an' on that farm she had uh ELEPHANT, eieiOOOOOO,..."
(she'd saved her cookie for Nobody
she'd brushed her teeth faster than Nobody)
she knows she is somebody 'cuz Nobody is a ghost.
 Maybe I am Nobody? she is suddenly alert.
I say Maybe, but I am not a ghost.
Very sleepy, she lifts her head to turn and nod to me.
You can be NoGhost, Miss Per.
 Her head drops down, her feet slide still.
I love my coronation,the robe and crown 
warmer than ermine, lighter than air.

5 comments:

  1. for some reason i cannot get my posts to keep their line breaks. I am not posting little paragraphs. I am so frustrated with this site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see line breaks! maybe they don't show on your browser? on mine, they're there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh grumbleschmutter,i did fix it sort of, but it is still dreadfully frustrating site. poobah.
      thank you for the encouragement... i like your "they're there" there-there, if you know what i mean.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. my goodness, thank you. i just write comments to my daughter and she writes back...didn't know anyone else was reading my stuff.
      Thank you, CtheFM!FtheH!

      Delete