Wednesday, February 13, 2013


Get somewhere you can let your hot steam off. 

I'm in a pink diamond, my face and skin and hair floating all around my face, connected from my beaming heart, everything else is a cold blue lake. 

I've collected a love token and now I'm on fire in a perfect shape. No one can see me except for those who play the game which I'm pretty sure is just me. Is it a secret then? That I am the only non-person-shaped explorer in my neighborhood, and possibly in the whole world too. 

I rub myself on a tree, over on Evans' yard, feeling the bark-skin making prickly noises on my tights, and making the side of my face pink like I've been sleeping on my side a long time or got into a scratch war with my brother. 

There is a soccer ball sleeping in the gutter near the park. I run up and scoop the dirty ball into my arms, holding it like a baby and giving it some mad mother dirty baby kisses, getting elated and pulling my whole self up onto my toes like I can fly away just on the feeling of this ball. 

There are dogs. I bid adieu to the dogs and walk on. I know they are a rude bellwether to ending. 

I get a wild burst in my eyes and yell out loud down the street. Crows lift from all of the trees. I go pink fading diamond go, and walk on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment