Sunday, December 30, 2012

I arrange a meeting
Held at a very large farm
In the middle of the afternoon
Me Myself, and I

Wasting no time I begin to speak
For I know my attention span
And must get the main points in

Before I wander off
To see what is happening
Everywhere else, except for here
Which seems quite unextrodinary

I wind up in a nursery
Watching the young dads through the glass
I am reborn
With the eyes of this child

Bearing into me wondering
If I was able to communicate to myself
Just why I am here
And what I am about

Show me the way, the child seems to be saying
I see into your heart, am I to be so confused
Wondering each day as to my purpose
Always doubting my existence?

Back at the farm
The walls sigh with relief
Resolutions for the future bright
Sense of purpose restored.

As I consider the place in the room
Where the nursery would be
Filled with light and life
Awoken by the image of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment